Monday, December 8, 2008

My Long Weekend - At Twilight

Dec has always been a month for clearing leave. Too bad for me that I have yet to stay in a company long enough for me to accumulate enough leave to be away for more than 2 weeks... Haha... very ambitious right, I have colleagues who can afford to be away for 1 whole month.. but then come to think its not a very nice thing to do to your covering officer. =p

Since I don't have enough leave, I have to settle for public holidays to give me the time away from office. This round, the PH is on a Monday so that gave me the luxury of a long weekend. Also I took leave on Tuesday so as to settle things for my next posting. I decide not to further drag the issues in case there are complications. So this means extra long weekend for me. Yeah !!

On Friday, I was already planning for all the things I can do over the 3 days. And I also forwarded many "homework" back so that next week when BK is back from his leave, I can clear some of the long outstanding things I have "owed" him. It will be a productive weekend, I told myself that. I really thought so.

I started the weekend shopping in Orchard and went to Kino again to buy books. This time round, I bought a fiction series, 'Twilight". Its been a long time since I read English fiction, the last one was the concluding book in the Harry Potter series. By the time I came back, I was too tired to start work. I still had Sunday and Monday anyway.

However I underestimated the lure "Twilight" had on me. It is a relatively simple story. A high school girl falls in love with a vampire and the story centred on the complications that arose with the forbidden love. The vocabulary used were simple enough as it is meant for young adult read. Hee.. I think I don't belong in the category anymore. But who cares, this book like the Harry Potter series enables me to escape into a make- believe world of vampires and werewolves. I am already looking forward to watching the movie when it will be released on 19 Dec 08. Needless to say, I have yet to start on any of the "homework" I forwarded back home. Sigh! I always don't have much determination when it comes to serious stuff. There are 3 more books to go before the whole series are completed. I forsee my following weekend will be spent on the books as well. I can also already forsee C's reaction when I tell her on Wednesday that I am reading this series. She will again shake her head and tell me such stuff are cheesy. Being an E-Lit graduate, she has such high standards for books which will never be congruent with my likes.

Well, I better find sometime after my morning appointment tommorrow to finish up some of the "homework". No more shopping for me. Or maybe I can spend just abit of time at Tampines Mall if I finish early at the Doctor. Hmm... If only I have Ms Khoo's willpower to stay disciplined when I need to.. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gd luck to u then!! muahahahah

ms chan

Anonymous said...

Well, there's someone here sharing the same fate.
I was ambitious enough to bring a big stack of work home, but kept procasinating to start work. I didn't start doing until 10pm on mon night, and only completed 10% of it.
What's the problem here? Afterall, long weekends are meant for resting. :P

Eagle

SJ said...

Twilight is very hit now especially with the movie. How is it?

SJ said...

Btw, sometimes being too disciplined is no good. I was on leave on Wed, but it was the day before my report was out. My colleague sent me the report at 7pm, then I started editing and finished only at 10.30 pm.